Thursday, March 26, 2009

Playground Fun



Today, I felt something I haven't felt in a long time. It was a feeling of childhood, of freedom. It made me realize how much I miss the days of complete innocence. You know, when your biggest worry was being the most popular kid on the playground and you didn't have to worry about money and school was your job. Now, there's so many responsibilities to stress over.

Anyway, today I took an hour out of my time and visited a park near my house. I played in the sand, slid down slides, did cartwheels in the grass and swung on baby swings. It may sound immature but I haven't had fun like that in a long time. Sure, hanging out with friends, playing Wii and watching discovery channel is cool but this was a different kind of fun. It was the kind where you didn't care if you learned something and there's no win or lose. It's a feeling of letting go and not caring if people look at you funny or laugh when they watch you, an 18-year-old, acting like a four year old.

It's always fun when you get a little taste of something you once loved.
It's like putting on that old, worn-in pair of jeans in the back of your closet and realizing how well they fit. (:


1 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.